Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Daily Diary

How cool is this?
This week is my first week back to work at my kids school teaching art during my silence. The class consists of 3 to 6 year old precious and energetic children. They did the typical buzz around me as I set up my art supplies asking, "Are you an artist?" My responses were mostly gestural with some sign sprinkled in. Then the cutest thing happened....
A tiny little girl comes in close to me and starts signing, "Nice to meet you." I was so excited I signed back, "Thank you." and we began a mini conversation in sign while I set my supplies up. What was even sweeter was her classmates thought that was the coolest thing and began asking her how did she know sign and she became the translator for the rest of the class. That had to be empowering for this little girl no more than 5. smile
Needless to say, I had a blast and can't wait to go in today!

Ok...to switch gears....I have been noticing a slight physiological change. It feels as though I have constant phlegm in my throat. Clearing my throat has become a normal occurrence now. It's this lump in my throat that will not go away no matter how hard I swallow or clear my throat. Lozenges provide some comfort.
Another observation is that because I am not opening and closing my mouth frequently, as does happen during talking, my mouth is soooooo dry. You know how your mouth feels when you wake up in the morning?....Dry, and your teeth are in need of brushing? Cotton-mouth even. Well that is how my mouth feels ALL day. I am constantly using mouthwash and brushing my teeth throughout the day. I'm flossing a lot with the floss sticks too. I'm sure I'll have a STELLAR dentist visit!

3 comments:

  1. That's sooo sweet. God works in mysterious ways.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle - That was a devine moment. Wow! Love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Sunshine!

    I wanted you to know that I am so proud of you! I think that you are truly amazing and your family is so deserving of you in their lives. I have been reading your blogs........and I feel so overwhelmed with these feelings that I need to be doing more in my life. Sometimes you wake up and feel as if your exisitence is just that.......exsisting. I choose to live, than to just exisit. I truly believe there is a difference. You are living........LOVE IT!

    I knew the first time that I met you, you were someone who I would admire. You were just so "different" from the rest........You were free. Free to live, to dream, to do whatever it was that you wanted. You were not held captive to the boundries of society. I remember when your car needed to go through admissions and it was the last day and you had to work. I drove it to admissions for you and thought " This car is so cool". It had peace signs, winnie the pooh, all sorts of art work all over. For that day driving your car, I felt different too, and loved it.

    Keep doing what you are doing.......inspiring people! Your beauty deeply penetrates people more than you know.

    Be encouraged in silience........I LOVE YOU!

    Tonya - Your sister forever!

    ReplyDelete