Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Art & Fear

"Writing is easy:
all you do is sit staring at a blank sheet of paper until the drops of blood form on your forehead."
- Gene Fowler

I'm instantly and magnetically drawn to a new book I borrowed from an artist friend of mine.
The book is titled, "Art & Fear - Observations On The Perils (and Rewards) of ARTMAKING" by David Bayles & Ted Orland

I'm barely through the first chapter and I'm jumping out of my skin with excitement! There are books that seem to be written JUST FOR ME!  This is one of those books.

The book is about getting artists out of their own way in order to produce art. Its about learning how to tear down any barriers that prohibit creativity. Its about finding yourself as an artist in the face of rejection, "...finding nourishment within the work itself.". It is about Art & Fear.

I'm giddy with excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment