Friday, January 25, 2013

What you say matters...

Words whispered in an ear can take down the toughest of giants.

"You over think" "You're crazy" "You're bringing that on yourself" "That's all in your head" "You're the problem" "You don't know what you're talking about" "you're exhausting"

Do people really know the power in words?
You can build up or tear down.
I'm waging war against negative verbiage! I know I don't like to be deflated with destructive words. So in the like way I do not need to use language negatively towards others.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"-Gandhi
That is my charge.
This sign was posted in one of the classrooms at school and really moved me!

1 comment:

  1. I HAD TO MAKE A COPY OF THAT STATEMENT AND PLASTER IT ON THE WALL IN THE OFFICE THAT I WORK AT. I HAD TO ALSO GIVE IT TO AN OFFICER ON THE JOB. THOSE WORD JUST DON'T APPLY TO CHILDREN BUT TO ALSO TO THE LESS FORTUNATE AND PEOPLE IN GENERAL. ESPECIALLY IN A MEN SHELTER THAT HOLDS 833 PLUS MEN ON A DAILY BASIS. WOW!!!!!

    ReplyDelete