Friday, December 13, 2013

Unexpected comfort....



I am blessed with two incredibly compassionate and insightful children.  Wisdom flows from their lips. 
Yesterday was a rough one for me. There were many personal issues that came to head. I had a couple incidents that affected my business in a negative way. It was an unexpected hit. I found myself dealing with several other difficult situations. So by the end of the day I was spent and feeling deflated. At one point something minor happened and the levy broke. 
All patience failed me....and the floodgates opened. I cried. But not just any cry. One of those gut wrenching, hiccups afterwards kind of cry! I erupted! Tears and snot and strange noises came out of me. I hadn't cried like that in a long time. It reminded me of when I was a child. I literally could not stop crying.
Madi and Wave heard me and came to my room. They immediately began comforting me. The wisdom and support that came from them, moved me. My son knowing I was sad because something I worked hard on was destroyed, told me a story of how he would build whole worlds on the computer and they would get deleted by someone. He'd be disappointed. Then he'd pick himself up and start building again.
Madi put her arm around me and began to tell me that in life we are going to be disappointed sometimes, but we just have to find the strength from inside us to keep going. She told me that I was a strong person and I'd get through it. She explained that sometimes even when you work hard things are not going to always workout, but that since I'm dealing with the pain, the next time I'm in a similar situation, I'll know how to deal with it better. She then told me to ask God to help comfort me and He will...and with that my 11 year old twins kissed me and ran off to play. 
During all this I gained control of my heaving cries and listened attentively. Wisdom oozed out of my babies.  Amen 


1 comment:

  1. I'm sad to hear you were so upset. Sometimes a cry like that is needed for small stresses that we ignore and build up over time..then something larger is added and we aren't able to cope as well. After a cry that is so powerful sometimes things become clearer and we're able to continue on stronger than before. I hope that is the case for you... as always you are in my heart. I keep meaning to call and come up to see you and of course that ends up not happening. That in no way is a depiction of how much I miss hanging out and talking to you. Love you a million! :) Lisa

    ReplyDelete