Thursday, October 9, 2014

A Tree or Me?


A poem I wrote this morning....


A Tree or Me?

Patient.
Grounded.
Rooted...in the rich life giving soil.

Nurtured by Mother Earth,
          her sediment offers wisdom
          -food for the soul.

I stand tall.
Bold.
Unmoved by time
          or circumstance.
I only grow.
Although I am strong,
I stand alone.

Can anyone see me?  
          Or do passers-by just take me for granted?
          -cuz I'll always be here.
Patient.
Grounded.
Rooted...in harmony with Nature.

Enough.
When will my beloved stroll by
          and see my illuminating headdress?
This is my time to shine.
Autumn air is the signal.
          Energy trapped
          -swells with anticipation.

My leaves wait to burst 
with a brilliant array of colors,
          yellows
          oranges
          reds
waiting to fall
dead.

My adornment will soon 
shed her crown of glory 
          yielding to the creeping cold hand of winter.
Each vibrant leaf floats down
          a tiny sacrifice to the gods.
Pleading.
A desperate attempt
to be noticed.

If no one stops to look
          is it just as spectacular?
My answer lies in waiting.
I remain
Patient.
Grounded.
Rooted...until the next season.



No comments:

Post a Comment